Best VPN for Stake
Oliver Bradshaw | Last Updated:
Technical VPN Analyst
Stake is part of a new wave of online cryptocurrency casinos taking the gambling industry by storm. Their website allows players from around the world to deposit virtual currency either through cryptocurrency payments, or more traditional credit card and Paypal payments, and stake them on the thousands of gambling games available on the platform. However, due to the local gambling laws in different countries and regional licensing restrictions, you might be banned from playing on Stake depending on your location.
There’re still ways that you can gamble on Stake, though – by using a VPN, you can get around the casino’s location restrictions, and create an account even if you’re currently in a restricted region. This is because a VPN has the ability to spoof your location, by first connecting you to a secure VPN server with another address, before you connect to the internet. Websites you visit and other online apps would only see the VPN server’s address instead of your own, and be tricked into thinking that you’re connecting from a different location.
Why do I need a paid VPN for Stake?
We get it – good VPNs cost money, and you might be tempted to save a few dollars each month by simply using a free VPN. However, we firmly believe that a premium VPN is worth the investment, for the following reasons:
- Wider server network able to get around anti-VPN measures. Many free VPN services have very limited server networks, especially compared to a reputable premium VPN service. This might mean that you can’t find suitable servers to connect to in countries where Stake can be accessed. Even if a free VPN service has servers in the right locations, their few servers can easily be discovered and blacklisted by Stake.
- Better security and data encryption. Premium VPN services use stronger data encryption methods, and almost all of them feature strict no-logs policies. Conversely, some free VPN services log and sell user information in order to make profits, and often don’t have the resources available to implement strict security features. Paid VPNs are clearly the way to go if you care about your privacy, which is especially important if you’re planning on gambling on Stake in countries where online gambling is banned.
- Greater speed and reliability. Paid VPN services like NordVPN and ExpressVPN boast uptime rates close to 99.9%, and have robust server infrastructure in place able to provide lightning-fast connection speeds for their customers. With a free VPN service, you might run into issues such as servers being down when you want to log into Stake, or slow connection speeds which make navigating the site and playing games frustrating.
Stake VPN Walkthrough: You can set up a VPN and start playing on Stake by following these five simple steps.
- Download a trusted paid VPN app. We highly recommend NordVPN – check out our review below for why!
- Open and login on the VPN app.
- Connect to an available VPN server. Make sure this server is somewhere that Stake is unblocked.
- Sign up for a Stake account. Make sure to use an address which matches your VPN location!
- Set-up complete! Deposit some cash and hop right into Stake’s amazing collection of games.
Our Favorite VPNs for Stake
With so many options out there, picking out the right VPN for Stake can seem like a daunting task. We’ve saved you some work and combed through the many VPN services out there to find out which ones you should consider, judging different VPN providers by the depth of their server networks and the strength of their security features. Here are two which we think works best for unblocking Stake.
NordVPN’s unique strength lies in its extremely wide server network. With almost 5,400 servers spread across 62 countries, you’ll be hard pressed to find another VPN provider with as big of a network. This huge choice of servers means that you can easily find nearby servers which allow you to access Stake, and also prevents user congestion during peak periods from slowing down speeds. NordVPN also puts significant resources into maintaining and updating the IP addresses of this huge server network, allowing it to stay one step ahead of Stake’s own anti-VPN measures.
NordVPN is also heavily committed to protecting the privacy of its users. The provider adopts military-grade AES 256-bit encryption for all data sent through its servers, making it almost impossible for man-in-the-middle hacking attacks to steal your information. Other important security features include a strict no-logs policy and a configurable kill switch able to immediately break off your internet connection when it discovers that you’ve left the VPN network. Since NordVPN is incorporated in Panama, the little information which the provider does have on you is also securely out of reach from western governments.
Clearly, NordVPN is the VPN to go to if you want to keep your Stake gambling hidden from prying eyes, especially if you might be in a country where online gambling is restricted. The provider has a 24/7 customer support team ready to help you get set up, and we highly recommend it for both first-time VPN beginners and experienced users alike.
ExpressVPN has a strong network of servers, offering users a choice between 3,000 different servers in 94 countries and 160 locations. It offers unmatched connection speeds, through its speed-optimized Lightway connection protocol and a convenient Smart Location feature which automatically picks the fastest server for your location. Not only does this make ExpressVPN great at unblocking Stake no matter where you are in the world, it’s also great at unblocking regional content on streaming sites such as Netflix and Disney+.
ExpressVPN also employs private DNS servers able to stop websites from seeing your true location from DNS leaks, and has a policy of not asking for any personally identifiable information from their users, even during account sign-up. For added anonymity, you can even choose to pay via cryptocurrency transactions, which are much harder to track compared to Paypal or credit card payments.
Can Stake be trusted?
Stake is a fully legal casino operator, licensed and registered in Curacao, a Caribbean Island nation. Founded in 2017, they’re one of the fastest growing online casinos out there, with an ever-expanding list of registered members and over 2,000 games available for play. While online casinos are not as heavily regulated as traditional gambling establishments, Stake does have a good track record of paying out winnings and supporting their customers.
How do I access Stake abroad?
Stake is banned in many countries around the world, including in the US, UK and Australia. This can cause problems if you live in or are planning to travel to a country where the site is banned, even if you currently live somewhere you can legally gamble on Stake. Accessing the site from these countries requires the use of a VPN to spoof your location, “tricking” Stake into thinking that you’re connecting from a place where the website can be legally used. Take a look at our quick VPN set-up steps above for more details!
Can I use Stake with a VPN?
Stake does not mention VPN use at all throughout their terms of service, which also means that the site itself has no rules against VPN use. Depending on your location, however, online gambling might be illegal and carry the risk of potential fines, even if traditional gambling is allowed. While a VPN does hide your internet activity and identity online, make sure that you understand the risks involved in using one for gambling.
Some online casinos also follow Know-Your-Customer regulations, which force them to ask for ID or address verification checks when you try to withdraw your winnings. At the moment, online users have reported that Stake does not currently do so, but it’s wise to keep this in mind if you choose to play on other online casinos.
Why is Stake blocked in my country?
Online gambling is in a legal gray zone in many countries. Some countries, such as India and Japan, have strict laws against traditional gambling, but lack laws specifically outlawing online gambling. Some online casino operators such as Stake block users from these countries nevertheless, requiring players to use a VPN if they still wish to play on the site.
Other countries, such as the UK, allow both online and offline gambling but ban Stake since the online casino has not been granted a gambling license in the country. Sometimes, countries might also choose to allow traditional casinos while banning online ones, in order to protect the hefty tax revenues which they collect from these land-based casinos.