How to install NBC Sports on a Firestick Outside the USA
Bernard Hastings | Last Updated:
Here’s a guide for viewers hunting for tried and tested methods for downloading the NBC sports applications on Fire TV or Firestick. I will take you through how to get the NBC app and how to use it.
Even if the installation procedure might seem exhausting, there’s joy at the end of it. After setup, you’ll need a VPN to secure your data and grant you exclusive data. Read on to know more.
Step 1: Adding NBC Sports To Fire TV Or Firestick
A few steps are involved in downloading the NBC Firestick app for those not in the United States. To activate it, follow the instructions below.
After downloading, you’ll need a functioning VPN software to access the application outside the United States, which I’ll discuss in the next section.
Detailed steps for how you can watch NBC Sports outside the United States using a vpn:
- Visit Your Account section on the Amazon page.
- Click Content and gadgets below the ‘Digital content and equipment’ category.
- Then click the Options button.
- Next to nation Settings, click the drop-down button.
- It will identify your nation, for example, the UK; click Switch.
- You must now provide a US location. If you don’t have one, use FAG to generate one, input the information and hit Update.
- When you’re particular about changing your address, click Update.
- Google “NBC Sports” in Amazon’s Apps & Games section. Download the app; if many apps use similar names, you should test them both.
After following these steps, the applications should be visible on your Fire TV or Firestick in minutes.
And once that is done, you can switch your account details on the account setting section, where you’ll find the region or country tab.
When step 1 is done efficiently and everything has worked out, it’s time to move on to step 2, and here you’ll learn how to watch using NBC. However, if step two doesn’t work for you as it should, there will be a troubleshooting section in this article that will guide you effectively.
But first, let’s see what step 2 has in store for us.
Step 2: Secure a Vpn to Access NBC Sports Outside Of The United States
Even if you have NBC Sports loaded on your Fire TV well outside the US, you cat stream or watch anything as it recognises your location.
To get around this, you need to qualify for a VPN program. It enables you to conceal your address and appear in the US when you’re not. There are dozens of VPN providers available; however, not all work with the Fire TV or Firestick.
One of the best VPNs to help you get around this safely is Express VPN or NordVPN, as they are risk-free and come with a 30-day cash-back policy. They also provide three months free plan if you secure their yearly program. Those who sign up now will get 49% off on their plan.
There are plenty of vpn service providers out there on the market. But from my experience, not all of them are going to be able to get around the geo-blocks that NBC Sports places in your way. To get around these and start watching from outside the United States today, here are some of personal recommendations that definitely DO work:
ExpressVPN is a well-known VPN service provider. It will attract most users due to its fast speeds, capability to bypass many streaming platforms like NBC sports, and outstanding server selection. ExpressVPN also provides a money-back guarantee for 30 days.
Further, many users crave the access and advantages of this VPN. It offers an impressive AES 256-GCM encryption; however, if you choose Lightway, the alternate protocol – ChaCha20/Poly1305 is more suitable for routers with low power or portable devices.
ExpressVPN and other VPN providers’ packages are the same, no matter which subscription plan you choose. The only difference between plans is how long they last – and the longer your membership lasts, the bigger discounts you get!
- Superb download speed
- P2P assistance
- Servers who specialise
- Most streaming providers are unblocked.
- The threat manager has been independently audited.
- It’s pretty costly
- The iOS version lacks a kill switch
SurfShark is a vpn provider that comes with a cost-conscius price tag, and is a solid performer. Their vpn service comes with a comprehensive set of functions including:
- Reasonably priced VPN service
- Good media streaming speed
- 100% no-logs policy
- Excellent customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
All NordVPN plans include the following features:
- VPN Servers - more than 5500 ultra-fast servers in 60 countries.
- Kill Switch - to shield your data if your VPN connection drops unexpectedly
- Double VPN Servers - to add another layer of encryption for extra online security.
- SmartDNS - to watch shows and movies (home or abroad) with an easy to use setup.
- Split Tunneling - feature which allows you to choose which apps need VPN protection and which trusted apps don’t.
IPVanish is an easy-to-use VPN. In reality, it’s an excellent tool for improving your internet security and privacy or watching Netflix or YouTube. Furthermore, all of this is reasonably priced.
Based in the US, this VPN unblocks Netflix, operates with many torrenting clients, and provides fast speeds via the WireGuard technology.
- Most affordable VPN
- Servers from various parts of the world
- Connections are limitless
- No-logs SOCKS5 proxy policy
- Military-grade security
- Rapid speeds
- Excellent client service
- After a year, the price rises
- It does not function in China
StrongVPN offers over 950 servers spread across 46 cities, including 20 countries. It’s critical to understand how many servers there are and where they’re situated since the closer the Proxy server, the better the access.
StrongVPN is an authentic service that provides users with an excellent opportunity to stream NBC sports, knowing that you cannot tap their identity or data. Moreover, it’s reasonably priced to give users the best experience.
- Excellent server distribution
- Utilises cutting-edge VPN technology
- Exceptional Speedtest results
- Supports several devices at the same time
- Costly for what is provided
- A few extra privacy features
- The design is awkward and out of date
How To Use A Vpn To Unblock NBC Sports
- First, visit the VPN network of your choice and ensure you settle on a convenient plan.
- On Fire TV, look for your preferred VPN and select it.
- Now download the app.
- Click on the return button to open the application
- Sign in to your account with the correct information
- Choose a US address to proceed
- Then press connects to start
- After connection, select the return button
- Use NBC sports
The NBC app may appear to be downloaded on the Amazon website, but it needs to be uploaded onto your Fire TV device. To use this particular application, you must side-load it instead.
Go to the Fire TV, look for the downloader app, and open it to proceed. Once the app has been downloaded, ensure it’s perfectly installed. After that, follow the instructions in step 2 above.
Recap: Install NBC Sports On A Firestick Outside The Us.
To be able to watch NBC, you’ll need to change your location to the US and follow steps 1 and 2. Ensure you download the right app or test all available apps before proceeding with the next steps. That said, choose the right VPN, such as Express VPN or NordVPN, for a safe and authentic streaming experience.
PRIVACY ALERT: Websites you visit can see your current IP Address:
- Your IP Address: 184.108.40.206
- Your Location: Ashburn, US
- Your Internet Provider: Amazon Technologies Inc.
* Scammers, Governments, and Advertisers can use this information to track and target you.
Our recommended vpn service provider for general all-round internet security and online privacy is ExpressVPN. It offers an excellent selection of online security and internet privacy features, excellent speed, and the ability to unblock your favorite streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer).Visit ExpresssVPN