How to watch Binge from outside of Australia
Jessica Williams | Last Updated:
Binge is an Australia-based streaming platform that hosts TV shows and movies from numerous partners such as HBO, BBC, Sony Pictures, Studio Canal, to name a few. Focusing mainly on entertainment and lifestyle content, Binge subscribers can watch popular titles offered by any of the partner networks. Binge is certainly one of the most convenient streaming services available in Australia today!
However, as an Australia-based service, Binge is not available to use outside of the country. If you happen to be travelling or based abroad, you will not be able to access your Binge account and watch on the platform. The good news is, this can easily be remedied with the use of a VPN, or Virtual Private Network. A VPN allows you to disguise your real IP address and make a website think you are accessing from an Australian IP address, allowing you access to georestricted content.
How to watch content from Binge outside Australia
- Watch on local TV channels: The shows and movies on Binge come from partner networks such as HBO, BBC, and NBC Universal, which all have corresponding TV channels. You can try to catch your preferred shows on these local TV channels—that is, you’ll have to be subscribed to their TV service, and be available during the airtime of those shows or movies!
- Watch via other streaming services: You can also try checking other streaming services such as Netflix Australia (which is not georestricted) to see whether your preferred shows or movies are included on that platform. However, it may not always be part of the platform’s library.
- Watch a free online stream elsewhere: It is also possible to check for other free online streams of your favourite shows or movies, but we don’t advise putting yourself at risk due to the prevalence of phishing attacks happening on pirated streaming sites.
- Use a VPN to watch on Binge from wherever you are: The best and most stress-free solution is to use a VPN to access Binge! A VPN helps you bypass any geoblocked content so you can watch on Binge even from outside Australia.
How does a VPN help me watch Binge outside Australia?
VPNs are a useful tool to have if you want to watch on Binge even while outside Australia. What a VPN does is “disguise” your actual IP address, which is based on the country you are browsing from, and “hiding” behind an IP address that is linked to Australia. Doingt his allows you to bypass geoblocked content and browse as if you were sitting anywhere in Australia!
Other situations where a VPN can be useful for watching on Binge:
- You already have an ongoing subscription on Binge but have to be based outside of Australia for a period of time, so you cannot access your Binge account.
- You want to use only one platform, Binge, to watch your favourite shows, as opposed to subscribing to separate platforms.
- You want to subscribe to and start watching on the Binge platform but are currently not in Australia.
Does a VPN sound like an essential tool for you? Read on for our easy set-up guide!
Easy 5-step guide to setting up your VPN for Binge
- Grab yourself a VPN service. For streaming shows and movies, we highly recommend NordVPN for its fast speeds and proven reliability!
- Download and install the VPN. Follow the instructions for your device.
- Open the app and connect to an Australian server. Since Binge is georestricted to the Australian region, be sure to pick a server in that location.
- Log in to your Binge account. Now that you are connected via a VPN, you should be able to log in and access the Binge platform.
- Sit back and relax! That’s all there is to it! Now you’re ready to watch on Binge!
Top VPN picks for streaming Binge outside of Australia
These are our picks for VPNs to use when you want to watch on Binge outside of Australia. NordVPN tops our list for its fast speeds and proven reliability, both important factors when deciding on a VPN service to use for streaming.
1. NordVPN – the fastest speeds for Oz streaming
- Supported Devices:
NordVPN has proven itself to be one of the most reliable VPN providers when it comes to unblocking georestricted sites such as Binge. Thanks to its advanced encryption and privacy capabilities such as AES 256-bit encryption, DNS leak protection, and use of OpenVPN, NordVPN breezes through georestrictions of popular streaming sites!
The secret to NordVPN’s fast speeds is its large VPN server network, boasting over 5,000 active servers in 70 countries. More importantly, NordVPN has multiple servers available in Australia, which is what you’ll need to connect to in order to watch on the Binge platform. WIth both of these combined, you’re sure to have a lag-free and smooth streaming experience!
No need to worry if you run into any issues while using NordVPN; with their 24/7 customer support service, you can easily be guided towards troubleshooting solutions no matter what timezone you’re in. Lastly, NordVPN has zero bandwidth limits, so you can stream to your heart’s content!
2. ExpressVPN – vpn servers in x4 Aussie cities
- Supported Devices:
ExpressVPN is our second pick for VPN providers to use for Binge. ExpressVPN’s servers have been optimised to minimise any loss of internet connection speed, which can help the quality of your streaming experience. ExpressVPN also has active servers in several Australian locations such as Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, and Melbourne!
We say ExpressVPN is flexible because its app can be used across nearly all operating systems and devices capable of streaming (such as laptops, phones, even Smart TVs!). Add to this the fact that you can share a single account among five separate devices, inviting your family and friends to catch your favourite shows on Binge is easy and quick!
Just like NordVPN, ExpressVPN takes privacy and encryption seriously. Features include VPN split tunnelling, a private DNS on every available server, and a strict no-logs policy. Your safety is never compromised, even as you stream your favourite shows or movies!
Why should I subscribe to Binge?
Binge is currently one of the leading streaming platforms in Australia. Binge’s library is carefully curated, and in fact includes some content from HBO Max (as the latter is georestricted in Australia). Binge also has access to content from other sources such as BBC or Discovery Channel, ensuring you’ll never run out of anything to watch!
There are currently three different packages you can subscribe to on Binge: Basic, Standard, and Premium. Each has different prices, maximum video qualities, and differ in the number of devices allowed to stream simultaneously. Not sure if Binge is the right platform for you? No worries, since the site offers a 14-day free trial so you can check out their offerings. In order to access the site and avail of the trial, we highly recommend using NordVPN to work around possible georestrictions of the site in the area you are currently browsing from!
Can I also connect to servers in other countries using a VPN, or am I limited to one location only?
A VPN can be used to connect to any server in the network of the VPN provider! To make the most out of your VPN subscription, we highly recommend choosing a premium VPN provider such as NordVPN, as they have an expansive network of servers across the entire world. More available servers means users can be more evenly distributed, which helps ensure the connection stays fast and speedy.
Of course, if you’re using a VPN to stream on Binge, you will need to connect specifically to an Australia-based server. Because Binge is georestricted to the Australian region, only IP addresses recognised as being from Australia will be allowed to access the platform. Luckily, NordVPN has many active Australian servers for you to connect to!
Will any kind of VPN work to unblock Binge?
You can try to use a free VPN to unblock Binge, but you might not always be successful. Most free VPNs don’t have the kind of capabilities to work around georestrictions on big platforms like Binge. To get the best results, we highly recommend using a premium VPN service such as NordVPN, which has been proven to unblock not just Binge, but many other streaming platforms online.
Another important factor to consider when choosing a VPN is the size of its available server network. The larger the network, the more chances that the streaming platform has not yet recognised and blocked all of the VPN servers in that location. This is also why premium VPNs trump free VPNs any day; premium VPNs such as NordVPN have made the investment and are able to provide its users with as many server choices as possible no matter the location.
Is it better to use a VPN on a laptop versus another kind of device?
Most premium VPN services are able to run on any kind of device that can be used for streaming. You are not just limited to laptops; you can also use a VPN on your smartphone or Smart TV. You just need to ensure you download the correct version of the VPN app that is appropriate for the device you want to use, and you’re all set!
Premium VPNs can even go one step further by allowing you to use the VPN service across multiple devices, simultaneously. NordVPN, for example, allows up to six different devices to connect simultaneously. Whether that means a viewing party, or everyone in the family being able to watch their preferred shows in peace, NordVPN can help make that possible.